A pause in time
Originally an important farming estate, Courti is typical of Venetian country architecture. For generations it belonged to the Trivoli-Pieri family who were important members of the local nobility.
The estate is composed of a number of buildings that are likely to have been built at different times, which makes it difficult to date. The earliest written record of Courti is 1723, though there is evidence that the central buildings existed much earlier than this.
Courti is surrounded by fortified walls, within which are the main house which was rather large for standards at the time, the olive press, the stables, the church and ample warehouses.
A previous major renovation, which took place in 1770 by Michiel Steffano Trivoli Pieri, is commemorated over the front gate. The estate has now been entirely restored to its original glory adhering to strict architectural guidelines by the Greek Archaeology Supervisory Authority.